9 TIPS TO BUYING A COUCH
The furniture is featured in the room. When it comes to choosing yours, pay attention to the details. So you avoid unpleasant surprises in the future. If you want to know more tips based on buying a couch, then Sishawa will help you at their best.
1. Do not get carried away by the appearance of the fabric. Good sofa needs to have firm structure and quality foam . The problem is that in the store, we can not see these internal elements.
2. Speaking of foam: The densities of the seat, backrest arms and cushions should be different , as the fatigue is not the same. The seller does not know how to report this? Be suspicious.
3. When the sofa is new, everything looks perfect. But how will it be after a year of use? Before you get a headache, look for companies that offer warranty and, if possible, technical assistance .
4. The difference between a couch to play and a sofa to the living room is the depth of the seat . Want to relax, sleep, watch movies? Sofa deep. Need something more formal like, for example, a waiting room? Lean seat.
5. There is a trick to knowing if the sofa is comfortable specifically for you. Sit on it with your legs crossed one over the other, like "Indian leg" . If you fit in the seat without your knees being out, the piece passed the test.
6. Are there children and pets in your home? Choose models with washable covers. The cotton, linen and twill are the most suitable. Just remember that they should be pre-shrunk. Dark coats disguise dirt better, but fade more. Light-colored coats resist better washing.
7. In the doubt between reforming the old sofa and buying a new one? What it commands is the quality of the structure . Ask the opinion of good upholsterers before disposing of an antique furniture.
8. Sofas of distinct models in the same environment work superbem. If they are from very different times - one more modern, another vintage, for example - better still. Do not be afraid to mix .
9. If you are buying a pouf to support your feet, choose a model of the same height as the sofa seat . The piece will support a tray and also as an extra seat when you need it
Guest Contributor, Sherry K