The Perfect Buying Guide for Bathroom Vanities
Are you thinking of renovating your bathroom by installing a brand new vanity? Or, are you planning on installing one in your newly purchased house? Whatever the case might be, vanities play a major role in making or breaking the look of a bathroom and thus, is a “must-purchase”. It not only improves the aesthetic value of the area, but also provides ample space for keeping all kinds of necessities like toiletries, essential clothing items, towels, medicines, tampons, electronics, etc.
If you take some time out and browse the internet, you will see that there are various companies offering different kinds of cabinets and Modern Bathroom Vanities, meant for residential purpose. You will get a myriad of options in terms of designs and colors, and can easily choose one according to your taste and the décor of your house. But before deciding on a company, make sure that you run a thorough check on the quality of their products as well as the customer feedbacks. Apart from the brand value, here are a few things which you should consider before purchasing the product.
Take a Look
- Measurement: If you do not take the exact measurements of the space where you will keep your vanity, it might end up in a complete wastage of money. Hence, it is very important that the measurements are accurate. If you think you have any kind of confusion regarding this, contact your retailer and ask them to send a professional who can help you with this. Take a look at the few things which you need to keep in mind, while measuring the area:
-Make sure the vanity is not too large because that might disrupt the flow of foot traffic.
-Keep in mind that the doors and drawers will need space to open.
-One door should not obstruct the opening of another door or drawer.
-Features like mirrors, outlets, electrical switches should not be ignored. There should be adequate gaps in the required areas.
-The plumbing location is directly related to the width of your vanity. So, take care of that as well.
You need to keep these points in mind while you are buying Regular or RTA kitchen cabinets as well.
- Number of Vanities: There are two kinds available – single and double vanities. If there is space constraint, you should opt for the single vanity one. But if you own a master bathroom, then you can think of investing on double vanities. Two sinks need a space of approximately 48 inches and hence, requires a lot of free space.
- Types of Mounting Options: There are three major kinds of mounting options available for bathroom vanities, which include free-standing, wall-mounted and corner-mounted. Free standing offers maximum space and is the most common one for residential purpose. Wall-mounted ones do not touch the ground and are the best option for small bathroom areas. Corner-mounted vanities suit any corner of the bathroom because they are fitted at a 90-degree angle.
- Types of Sinks: You can install one out of these three popular kinds of sinks that most of the homeowners prefer for their bathroom vanities. They are vessel, self-rimming and under mount design. Go through the internet and you will come across plenty of sink designs. Choose according to your budget and requirement.
- Style: The style will depend on your choice and how you want to decorate your bathroom. It also depends on other factors like the décor of your house. The four main styles are:
Most reputed companies will keep vanities of these four styles.
- The Finish of the Vanity Top: You can either go for ceramic vanity tops or stone countertops. Other options include glass and wooden finish. But the former too are safer and easy-to-maintain.
So, these are the major things you need to decide on, before purchasing a bathroom vanity. Apart from the storage and style, you also need to pay attention to the quality of the accessories like faucets, medicine holders, tumblers, etc. So, don’t delay and contact a reputed company at the earliest.
Sean Graham, a famous lifestyle blogger, writes here about the various things to need to consider before buying Modern bathroom vanities. Read his articles to know about the various types of RTA Kitchen Cabinets.