- The average person spends three whole years of their life sitting on the toilet.
- King George II of Great Britain died falling off a toilet on the 25th of October 1760.
- Over $100,000 were spent on a study to determine whether most people put their paper on the holder with the flap in front or behind. Three out of four people have the flap in the front.
- Albert Einstein was made an honorary member of the Plumbers and Steamfitters Union after he had announcement that he would be a plumber if he had to live his life all over again.
- The most famous plumbers ever are Mario and Luigi.
- The toilet is flushed more times during the super bowl halftime than at any time during the year.
- The word "plumber" comes from the latin word "plumbum", which means "lead".
- Manhole covers are circular because if they're turned sideways, they can't fall through their own opening.
- Standardized plumbing can be traced back to around 3,000 BC.
- If you have a leaky faucet that drips twice per minute, you'll waste over a gallon of water in a week.
- Have you ever heard the myth about water flowing in the opposite direction in the Southern Hemisphere? It's not true. It's possible for water to flow either direction in either Hemisphere.
- In 1939, Al Moen invented the single handle faucet that can control hot and cold water in just one turn.
- The average person visits the toilet six to eight times per day.
Kevin Szabo Jr Plumbing Blog
Kevin Szabo Jr Plumbing is Tinley Park, Orland Park, Oak Forest, Midlothian, Orland Hill, Homer Glen, Mokena, Frankfort, Crestwood, Palos Heights, Oak Lawn, local plumber. Read our blog for advice, tips, a good laugh, and basic home improvement.
**We are moving our old blog to our new and improved website. Too see all our posts visit kevinszabojrplumbing.blogspot.com