The kids hate hearing it's back to school time. Parents are kinda relieved their children are on their way back, they'll finally start learning again. While the kids where home, you were too busy to maintain your household. You worked all day, cleaned up their messes, cooked non stop, and entertained them, everything else wasn't important.
Your home was neglected. Let's go through a check list to make sure everything is running smoothly.
1. Check your water heater. Make sure there isn't water or dust around it. Always keep the area clean.
2. Sump Pump. Check the sump pump for malfunction. It rained a lot this Summer, make sure it's plugged in and still working properly.
3. Central A/C and Furnace. Please change the filter. You need to change it EVERY month.
4. Outdoor Spigots. Check them out, make sure they aren't leaking. After using them all Summer, there might be some wear and tear.
5. Dryer Vent. Get your dryer vents cleaned.
6. Fridge. Clean out your fridge. If you have kids, your fridge wasn't probably maintained.
It's ok, don't feel guilty. Your family enjoyed the Summer, that's all that matters. When the kids are back to school, it's time to get back to reality.