Top Ways to Deal with Blocked Drains and Get Some Relief
As the drain is an important outlet in your home, blockage can cause a great deal of inconvenience to any homeowner. With the condition of the blocked drains, even the sink and shower water drains slowly. Even the water in the toilet might rise when the toilet is flushed. The combination of these things might result in a foul smell throughout the home and the surrounding. Therefore, it is important to clear the blocks and clogs in the drain at the earliest. If you make efforts to clean your drain regularly, chances are that you will not have to face any inconvenience with your drain.
Causes of Blockage
Prior to anything, you will have to understand the cause of blocked drains. This in turn might help you to prevent those conditions in the drain.
- Oil and greases are often the main cause for blockage. Unlike water, oils stick to the inside of the pipes, and over time these accumulate to cause blockage.
- At times, foreign substances often get stuck into the drains causing a block. Hair is one of most common substance that might accumulate and block the drain.
- If the drains are exposed, dry leaves often fall and get accumulated in the drain. This is also a source of blockage of the drain.
- At times, the slopes of the pipes affect the flow of waste from the drain into the sewer line.
- If the pipes are not installed correctly, the pipes might get misaligned resulting in poor drainage. In the course of time, it will result in blocking of the drains.
- Sometimes, the pipes might break down and the drain might collapse completely.
Now that you know some of the common causes of blockage, you should try to prevent them, which will cause less hassle.
Clearing A Clogged Drain
As soon as, you notice the signs of blocked drains, you should try to clear them at your home.
- If you find hair or any other foreign substance trapped in the drain, you can try using a wire or a plunger to remove the foreign substance. If you find corrosion in the fixture of the tap, you can put a bucket to hold water and disassemble the parts to get a new one.
- There are some drain cleaners available in the market and these are known to work effectively. However, you should get the one suited for the specific type of blockage to get the best results.
In fact, if you have some knowledge along with some plumbing tools, you might try your hands on clearing the blocked drains. Otherwise, the best idea is to call a professional plumber. The professionals are highly skilled and experienced, and they can identify the cause to help you fix the problem. Therefore, you can be certain of getting a clean drain without any kind of foul smell from the drains.
Emergency Cleaning Service
However, in some situations, you might notice that the blocked drains have created huge mess. In such a situation, you will require emergency cleaning services. There is no point trying to self-clean the drain in such a situation because you might make more mess out of it. On the contrary, the best thing that you can do is to call a professional plumber to resolve the issue at the earliest. The plumber with their years of experience will not only clean the drains, but also give you some of the most effective tips by means of which you can maintain the condition of your drain in the course of time. Thus, you will benefit from it.
-Guest Contributor, Evan Javier