Let's remodel your bathroom or powder room on a budget. We all get tired of having the same look in our bathroom. Some of us can't afford a whole bathroom remodel so we will settle with changing up a few things. Before we have fun let's do a few checks in your bathroom. We know, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".... Well this is just preventative work.
- Check the toilet for proper operation(check the flapper)
- Check the tub and shower valves
- Check the sink operation(clean aerators, check the drains, p-trap, supply tubes, shut-off valves)
Now the fun stuff. Let's say our budget is small. What can we do to the bathroom to make it look different, better? What kind of feel are you going for? Is this your sanctuary?
- Paint the walls
- Paint your bathroom vanity
- Wallpaper(If you don't like wallpaper, at least do one wall. Trust me, it will make your bathroom stand out)
- New plumbing fixtures(check out Menard's or even better go on Amazon.com they always have great deals)
- New mirror or Frame your mirror (do it yourself http://www.healthytippingpoint.com/2013/08/crafty-again.html
- New Lighting
- Change up your shower curtain(Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Home Goods, have beautiful shower curtains for cheap)
- Spray paint a mason jar and throw in a pretty flower or two(don't be tacky, keep it classy)
Last, but not least, clean your bathroom. Scrub your toilet, scrub that tub/shower, clean the sink, and wipe down that mirror.
See how small and simple these things are! This shouldn't take more than a day or two, depending on how many breaks you take). All you have to do is send the kids to grandmas house, turn on some music and go to work on your bathroom. You deserve to have a nice bathroom.
Good luck, send me pictures so we can share your Remodel on a Budget.