How to Choose the Right Modern Bathroom Vanities for Your Bathroom?
Bathroom vanities give you an opportunity to do that. Whether your taste is modern, traditional or somewhere in between, your bathroom vanity should have both functional factor and aesthetic factor as it is the main focal point of the bathroom. There are plenty of options available when it comes to selecting a bathroom vanity. Two things that limit your choices are your budget and bathroom size. You can choose from variety of materials, styles, and also play around with plenty of color combinations to give a luxurious and modern look to your bathroom vanity. When you are remodeling your bathroom, you need to install some bathroom vanities like shower screen, shaving kits, bathroom vanity cabinets, tower handrails and toiletries. But you need to consider the total space utilization of your bathroom, and in this regards you can shop for some latest designer bathroom vanities available in the online market. These bathroom vanities can easily suit with your contemporary bathroom decoration, and they can easily be installed in a small space.
Tips to Make Your Bathroom Vanity Selection Easy
Before you start off with your bathroom vanity project, it is important to consider a few factors that help you to successfully finish the project. Be aware of all the possibilities that might restrict the installation of the new bathroom vanity.
• Vanity Size: Basically, the size of the vanity is determined by the size of the bathroom. Larger and double bathroom vanities are most suitable for larger bathrooms, while smaller vanities are perfect for smaller bathrooms. If you are going with larger vanities, make sure you leave some space, especially if you want to keep trashcan next to the vanity.
• Decide Where to Place the Vanity: The vanity is a multi-functionality asset of the bathroom. So, it requires enough space to serve satisfactorily. Make sure the vanity doesn't impact the traffic flow even if the cases or doors are open, also ensure that they don't smack other fixtures or block the entry path. Also, have sufficient space above the vanity to allow proper lighting. Most importantly, make sure you don't need to reroute the plumbing system as it may impact your budget.
• Storage Space: Along with having the modern look, you also want bathroom vanities to serve the basic purpose, which is storage. Evaluate all your storage needs, this will give you an idea about the amount of required storage space, including cabinet, drawers, and shelves. You can also add some extra space by having wall-mounted cabinet and wall mounted rack in your bathroom. In this way, you can get some extra space and you can easily arrange more things in your bathroom.
How do you decorate your bathroom with bathroom vanities?
- Style and Color Selection: Make sure your vanity color and style matches the decor of your home. Modern bathroom vanities are suitable for homes that have contemporary look, whereas antique vanities are suitable for traditional looking homes.
- Choose Suitable Counter-top: It is always better to choose vanity counter-top first. Based on the position of counter-top, you can decide the placement of other bathroom fixtures, such as sink. Also, choose a material that is humid resistant and also goes well with water, because vanity countertops face water splashes very often.
- Use Your Creativity: Make some experiment using your creativity. Designing customized bathroom vanities can be fun and give more satisfying result. You can search over internet to get some ideas and you can make some modifications using your artistic flair.
So now install some latest designer bathroom vanities and turn your traditional bathroom into a modern one.
Guest Contributor, David Fenton